- Okay, let’s talk about Pre Wedding Photography! An Engagement Shoot is the perfect way for me and my couples to get to know each other before their special day and something I encourage everyone to book (even if It’s not through me!) I recently did a beautiful session with bride to be Victoria and husband to be Ryan. I thought I’d share 5 reasons why you should have a pre-wedding engagement shoot whilst sharing my favourites from their session with you.
1. To Meet Me (and check I’m good enough!)
I can tell you now – I love my work and have a flowing passion for wedding photography, but don’t just take my word for it. On an engagement shoot, you can find out so much more than what my website can show you. The way I work, my personality, my equipment and my style. I know you won’t regret booking me for your day, but I’m always happy to meet you both before the day to show you myself who I am and what I can do.
2. To Become more comfortable in front of the cameraOne of the most common concerns I hear from brides is how camera shy, ‘unattractive’ or self-conscious they are. The truth is, everyone has their insecurities and my job as your photographer is to help you love yourself a little more. An engagements shoot is a way of showing you how amazing you both look together and puts your mind at ease for the big day.
3. To Create Pre-Wedding MemoriesIt’s true what they say about time flying as your wedding approaches. As I’m writing this, my own wedding is 8 Months away and I can’t believe how quick it’s coming around. Having some time together, capturing your love for one another before the chaos of your day arrives is such a beautiful thing and will be something to look back on for years to come, being young, happy and in love. (Plus, it’s a great excuse for a fancy new outfit each, to celebrate… of course)4. Save The Dates, Invitations and Social MediaIf you are stuck for ideas on the design of your wedding stationery, one thing an engagement shoot is sure to provide is that! Keyrings, fridge magnets, postcards? 5 minutes on Pinterest and you will be flooded with inspiration on how we can get creative with your images to tell your family and friends you’re tying the knot. Alternatively, chuck your favourite picture on the front page with your special date and you are good to go. Photos also give you a wonderful excuse to show your love off to the world, because we all love that sometimes. #CoupleGoals5. To Chat All Things Weddings and All Things You!I love finding out everything I can about couples who choose me to capture such a special and important day in their lives. I keep in touch throughout the whole process and am proud to say I am only ever a message away if you need me, but a pre-wedding shoot brings those conversations to life! Whether it’s recommending suppliers, talking colour themes or just listening to your exciting plans – I’m ready and this is the perfect time to do that.
I could list so many reasons why I recommend booking a pre-wedding / engagement shoot, but mostly because I love doing them and I know you will be pleased with the result. If you are interested in booking me or just want to find out more, pop me a message any time for a chat.Sophie x
6. Bonus Point – Engagement PartiesIf you are planning an engagement party, I also offer a package covering up to 3 hours of your celebrations. This pair had a full engagement evening where we took not only candids from their night, but the all-important group photos with those who mean the most (and those loved ones who will be playing a role on your wedding day). A fabulous idea would be recreating these photos on the actual day!